Apple Crisp it is! I found several clean recipes but many still called for butter and brown sugar. I found this recipe on The Slender Grapefruit that looked good, and did my own variation.
Here's what I used:
7 small green apples
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup natural honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cups oats
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup granola (I used Nature's Path Organic Coconut Chia Granola from Costco)
2 tbs of ground flax
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Wash and chop up apples into cubes, toss with vanilla extract, and set aside
3. Mix honey, cinnamon and nutmeg, set aside
4. Mix oats, almonds, granola, ground flax and Greek yogurt in separate bowl
5. Spread apples in a 9x13 banking dish.
6. Coat with honey mixture, and then top with oat mixture. Cover apples evenly.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until apples are soft
I served this over a little bit of Greek yogurt, instead of the usual ice cream that comes with crisp. Just keeping it clean! This got rave reviews from my husband and brother in law.
What are your favorite 'apple' recipes? I'd love to hear about them in the comments below! Please share!