Lots of old Hollywood glamour tonight! Adele was styled by Michael Ashton created a voluminous half-up do that complemented her class black Jenny Packham gown.
In order to recreate this look, follow these steps from Michael using products from John Frieda.
1. Towel dry wet hair, removing excess moisture before working through the NEW Luxurious Volume Fine to Full Blow-Out Spray ($9.99 at drugstores) on mid-lengths and ends.
2. Flip hair over with your head between your knees, blasting hot air down the hair shaft for instant lift at the roots and thickness through the rest of the hair.
3. When hair is about 80% dry, flip your hair back over and take large sections, smoothing them with a medium sized round brush. Pay particular attention to the ends to ensure they are bouncy and luscious.
4. Flip hair over with your head between your knees, blasting hot air down the hair shaft for instant lift at the roots and thickness through the rest of the hair.
5. When hair is about 80% dry, flip your hair back over and take large sections, smoothing them with a medium sized round brush. Pay particular attention to the ends to ensure they are bouncy and luscious.
6. Section the hair into quarters and apply a medium-large curling iron to each section to achieve a contemporary and feminine texture. Next set in hot rollers. Once cool, carefully brush through hair with a natural bristle brush.
7. Continue for the remaining three sections, ensuring that as you have finished curling each section you pin it in a barrel curl using a sectioning clip while it cools and sets.
8. After 5-10 minutes, remove the sectioning clips, gently tousle hair. Pull half of the hair back and tease at the crown, securing pieces together in the back of the head. Leave down two small sections of hair to frame the face. Mist Luxurious Volume All-Day Hold Hairspray ($5.99 at drugstores) for a long-lasting finish.
To get the look:
1 - Robert started out with wet hair, adding a few drops of the Carol’s Daughter Monoi Oil Sacred Strengthening Serum ($30) to give Stacy’s hair the strength and flexibility it needed for the initial blowdry.
2 - After blowdrying, Robert applied the Carol’s Daughter Macadamia Heat Protection Serum ($18) before curling her hair into loose waves and setting it with the Carol’s Daughter Macadamia Heat Styling Hair Spray ($17).
3 - Following, Robert brushed out Stacy’s curls and swept hair into a loose faux bob, finishing off the look with the Carol’s Daughter Finishing Shine Mist ($18) to give her hair a lasting, red-carpet shine.
The chignon is very classic, sophisticated chic, and red carpet elegant.
1. First, wet hair was prepped with small amount of Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier ($16) Style Primer
2. Then, section by section blow dry with a large round bristle brush and back comb each section lightly.
3. Once the hair is completely dry, split into two pieces and tuck into a low chignon securing with bobby pins.
4. Spray the pinned hair lightly with Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight ($13) to create shine.
5. Finally, set the look with Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray ($15).
Marcus explained “I wanted Isla's personality to really show by keeping her hair sleek and down, it made the look feel young, sexy, and fun, just like her. Having a no part half-up, half-down would help to modernize the hairstyle.” A strapless dress doesn't always mean the hair must be worn up. In this case Isla showed off her red, shiny locks which really popped against her blue dress by wearing it down.
1. From wet hair, apply Wella Professional Flowing Form Smoothing Balm ($14) section by section and blow dry with a medium size round brush.
2. Create your part for the section you're pulling back by starting at the arch of each eyebrow, and continue back to the crown.
3. Spray Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray ($14) before you flat iron each section from roots to ends.
4. Secure the section pulled back by using a bobby pin on each side at the crown. Slide the pin underneath the top layer of the hair to anchor without slipping.
5. Use a quarter size amount of Wella Professionals Mirror Polish Shine Serum ($16) and take through with your fingers to seal the ends and adding shine.
6. Finally use Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray ($15) with focus at the front and section pulled back for added hold.
Images and press releases provided by Tractenberg & Co. & Devries Global